Perfectionism Vs. HappyMe: 1 x 0
I sadly realized that perfectionism is harder to overcome than I thought.
A LOT OF MOTHS ago I started working on this.
Then yesterday I just found them laying around under a pile of papers on my desk.
mmmmm, I remember calling a few companies to get quotes to print out the stickers, what happened here?
oh, right! I thought I could do a few more color sample combinations “just in case”.
ooooohhhh dear God, just in case of what? :-/
Now summer is almost over and those two cuties here won’t have a slot on my Filofax anymore:
Perfectionism Vs. HappyMe: 2 x 0
Yesterday I set myself to finish one of the art projects of an online creative course I’m taking.
I was very scared to get started. White canvas fright:
I started working on it, and it was great! I was having fun and things were shaping till a certain point.
When I reached THAT point that one thingy wasn’t coming out right oh, gosh!!! My world flipped!
I tried to fix it, got worse, tried again, worsen and that is it! Painted all white again to start over :-/
Argh! Overcoming perfectionism is VERY challenging!
Perfectionism Vs HappyMe: 2 x 1
Ok, I got one point at least this week! 🙂
I decided to start, aside of my regular journal, a Grateful Art Journal.
I got very excited with the idea and wanted to start right away! My brain was bubbly thinking how to get started.
HappyMe: “oh, I have the moleskine watercolor book that I use to practice! I can use that!”
Perfectionism: “Are you kidding me? it is a study book! there are a lot of messy things there, can’t be a Gratitude Book!”
HappyMe: “Mmmmmm, but just to start. Just for today’s gratitudes. I really want to put out RIGHT NOW what I am feeling this moment. I will get a book just for that later today, after I put out what I am feeling.”
Perfectionism: “You are starting all messed up already! If you start the first page on a separate book, your Gratitude Book will always be incomplete; it will always be missing the first page of the first day when you decided to do it!”
HappyMe: “It’s ok, it doesn’t need to be perfect.”
YAY me! Score!!!!!
I did it! One point for HappyMe!
And there it is, in the middle of all the watercolor doodling, my very first page:
- Chris: ah, that married life!
- Today: It is a very peaceful day, thankful for having it.
- Light: I LOVE light! But not “switch-on” light. I love natural light, and having all windows wide open to have all light possible!
- Studio: I just created a studio – by just I mean a month and a half ago. It is SO beautiful! SO much light! I could sit here all day long
- Frankie: I always thought he was too clingy for a cat. But no, he is just a very loving cat.
- House: We are moving. We are a little tired of suburbia. The hardest thing for me will be to leave this house. Specially after setting up this studio. It feels so homy. I love our sweet house.
- Possibilities: There are SO many out there! Like a huge fog is out of my way! SO much wonderful things about to happen!
- Journal: Starting my new journal! Watercolor everywhere! Yay!
- Vision: That may sound silly, but I am very glad to have my vision working, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see that inspiring light coming thru the window, my wonderful studio and all the pretty things everywhere.
- Clarity: To see it all! Not necessarily with my eyes, but to understand things and make sense of them! Everything is getting into pretty, comfy shapes!